It’s party time ladies! A bachelorette party is an essential part of the wedding preparations, especially for the friends of the bride. Having been to several bachelorette parties over the years, I can tell you that there are two elements that are essential to a great night out – good friends and some fun activities. Traditional parties I’ve attended have included an element of food and dancing, but there are other options you can consider if you’re looking to jazz up your evening and do something different:
- Weekend spa getaway: Relax with your ladies at a weekend spa getaway – it’s just what you need to escape the stresses of the week. Massage, mani-pedi, facials, sauna, and delicious meals. It’s hard to compete with this, right?
- Cooking party: Cooking with friends is always a fun option. There are studios, like Dish Cooking Studio, that offer cooking classes for special events. You’ll get to learn some new culinary techniques and have some fantastic food, prepared by you and your friends.
- Mystery dinner event: Who doesn’t like a little mystery in their lives? Instead of just having dinner with your friends or watching a show, you can attend a murder mystery dinner party like Mysteriously Yours, where you not only have a great meal with your friends, but you participate in the show by helping solve the mystery. The bride-to-be can also be included in the ruse if you let them know ahead of time.
- Karaoke bus: This is for all you singers out there! Travel in style by ordering a party karaoke limo bus with a great sound system and a dance floor. You can sing your heart out and show your crazy dance moves all at the same time.
- Cabin in the woods: A private escape with your gals at a quaint cabin in the woods might be just what you need if you want something a bit more low-key. You can always buy some fun games from Party City, like “how well do you know your bachelorette” or “Dare to do it bachelorette” to add some entertainment.
- Circus madness: If you and your friends are more on the adventure-seeking side, you can attend the Toronto Circus School for your bachelorette party. There are different packages you can choose from to get you in the circus spirit, including juggling, acrobatics, flying trapeze, and the hoop.
- Foodie tour: If you like to try different restaurants/food that you might not have known existed, you can always go on a Foodie On Foot Tour with your ladies. There are different tours you can choose from, but most importantly you can learn about the hidden gems in Toronto, eat some great food and go on a walking tour of the city.
- Trivia night at a bar: Get in touch with your competitive side by teaming up with your ladies for a trivia game night at a local bar/pub. Check out Junction Craft Trivia, Brass Facts, Headscratchers Trivia to name a few.
- Paint Nite: Get in touch with your artistic side by participating in a Paint Nite. These events are set up in local pubs, trendy bars, and restaurants around the city. You can order food and drinks while you get in touch with your creative side.
Whatever plans you make, it’s sure to be a great evening! What other options have you considered for a bachelorette party?